Friday, October 7, 2011

Aged Rye Whiskey Available for Sale



At long last, we will be offering bottles of our aged rye whiskey for sale to the general public beginning on Saturday, October 22nd. The whiskey was distilled in the fall of 2009 at the reconstructed still house and has been aged for more than two years in charred oak barrels. Although George Washington did not purposely age his whiskey, we think that he would approve of the mellow flavor and pleasing appearance that this additional step has imparted to the traditional rye spirit.






Sales of the approximately 300 375ml bottles will start at 10:00 on a first-come first-serve basis and will continue while supplies last; the bottles retail for $185. The sales will occur at both the Gristmill Shop and the main Gift Shop at the Mount Vernon Inn Complex on the Mount Vernon estate.

5 comments:

  1. Is it possible to purchase this from another state?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same question. I would love a bottle of this whiskey (and would pay well over the asking price), but I live in western MA and the trip to VA is not exactly a short one. I would also like to know: will there be a second batch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to know if I am able to buy this or a gift sample set and have it shipped to NYC? I want to buy it as a christmas gift -- please email me at ' kennypham at gmail dot com '

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. To all those who have expressed interest in buying our whiskey from out of state and having it shipped, I'm afraid that the answer is no. It can only be sold here at Mount Vernon and only on-site.

      Delete